According to a study done for hypertension care, hypertension dominance in India is quite high. About only 45% of people in India are aware of their diagnosis. Research published in PLOS Medicine asserted that 3 out of 4 individuals suffering from hypertension never had their blood pressured checked. Less than 45% of people are diagnosed, and 13% currently reported under hypertensive medication, while 8% of individual’s blood pressure were under control. Hypertension symptoms and signs, if not discovered soon, could lead to serious complications and enhances the risk of stroke, heart disease, and death.
5.3 % men and 10.9% women aged 15-49 years taking their medications and have their blood pressure in normal, the studies stated.
What is hypertension?
Hypertension or high blood pressure in medical term. High blood pressure indicates blood put in too much strength against the walls of the blood vessels. Studies suggested that in the United States, around 85 million people suffering from hypertension.
Below, we have inserted an image that describes what hypertension is, and what are the symptoms:
Hypertension symptoms and signs
Hypertension symptoms and signs develop due to these reasons:
- Age: hypertension symptoms and signs first start to show in people when they are above 60 years. Aged people tend to have increased blood pressure with time since the arteries become narrower and stiffer due to the build-up of plaque.
- Some ethnic groups are more inclined to hypertension symptoms and signs.
- If you are overweight or obese, you are more prone to hypertension, and this would be the first hypertension symptoms and signs you should take into consideration. Start incorporating healthy body habits into your regime right now! Must read- 8 healthy lifestyle secrets diet From the Healthiest People
- Drinking could be the reason for your high blood pressure. Drinking an enormous amount of alcohol could intensify an individual’s blood pressure, so could tobacco.
- Males are more likely to experience hypertension symptoms and signs at a younger age. Whereas, women suffer hypertension at an older age.
- Your current health conditions could tell a lot on whether you’re at risk of hypertension. Diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and high cholesterol levels could direct to hypertension.
Other hypertension symptoms and signs include:
- Tobacco and alcohol use,
- Lack of potassium in the diet
- Lack of physical activity
- Specific medications and diseases
- Consuming too much of fatty and processed food.
Experiencing high blood pressure for a short period is normal on numerous occasions. Excessive stress and heavy exercise could increase blood pressure in a short time in a healthy person.
Due to this, a diagnosis of hypertension usually needed various readings that depict high blood pressure on time. The hospital would have a chart defining the ranges of blood pressure, and if the reading higher than the chart, this is an emergency case.
A person might not notice any hypertension symptoms and signs, and it often is known as- a silent killer. If it goes undetected, it could cause damage to the cardiovascular system and internal body parts, such as kidneys.
It is said that hypertension symptoms and signs suggest sweating, anxiety, red cheeks, insomnia though there won’t be any such symptoms whatsoever, in most cases.
If the blood pressure goes beyond the hypertensive crisis, you might have to go thru nosebleeds and headaches.
If you want to avoid these hypertension symptoms and signs, improve your diet and do some lifestyle changes. Engage in more physical activities, reduce the intake of a high amount of salt, and alcohol. Also Read:- Interesting facts about Steve Jobs.
Eat more veggies and fruits. Manage your weight. A healthy balanced diet with proper calorie intake that matches with your body would assist in avoiding high blood pressure.